- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
April 27 event in Sycamore aims to raise funds for woman facing medical bills related to multiple sclerosis
Online Staff Report
SYCAMORE, Ill. — An afternoon and evening complete with silent auction, raffle items, 50-50, door prizes and a DJ to help raise money for a local resident burdened with medical bills will be from 2 to 10 p.m., Saturday, April 27, at Cabana Charley’s, 1470 S. Peace Road, Sycamore, Ill. All proceeds will go to pay these bills.
Local wife and mother of two, Jessica Lankford, recently spent eight days in Kishwaukee Hospital receiving treatments related to multiple sclerosis complications. As a result of her condition, she is no longer able to continue working full-time.
The medical bills are immense, and her family appreciates the outpouring of support shown by local businesses who generously contributed to this event in an effort to help offset the costs of her bills.
Stop by Cabana Charley’s and bid on any of the raffle and silent auction items. Included items range from Chicago sports teams tickets, to restaurant and hotel accommodations, to pampering packages, and even packages the kids will love. Additionally, 10 percent of all food purchases at Cabana Charley’s during those hours will be given to the Lankford family.
Posted April 24, 2013