- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
April 27 event in Sycamore aims to raise funds for woman facing medical bills related to multiple sclerosis
Online Staff Report
SYCAMORE, Ill. — An afternoon and evening complete with silent auction, raffle items, 50-50, door prizes and a DJ to help raise money for a local resident burdened with medical bills will be from 2 to 10 p.m., Saturday, April 27, at Cabana Charley’s, 1470 S. Peace Road, Sycamore, Ill. All proceeds will go to pay these bills.
Local wife and mother of two, Jessica Lankford, recently spent eight days in Kishwaukee Hospital receiving treatments related to multiple sclerosis complications. As a result of her condition, she is no longer able to continue working full-time.
The medical bills are immense, and her family appreciates the outpouring of support shown by local businesses who generously contributed to this event in an effort to help offset the costs of her bills.
Stop by Cabana Charley’s and bid on any of the raffle and silent auction items. Included items range from Chicago sports teams tickets, to restaurant and hotel accommodations, to pampering packages, and even packages the kids will love. Additionally, 10 percent of all food purchases at Cabana Charley’s during those hours will be given to the Lankford family.
Posted April 24, 2013