- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Cow Eye Dissection Workshop April 25 in Sycamore, Ill.
SYCAMORE, Ill. — Midwest Museum of Natural History in Sycamore, Ill., is leading a cow eye dissection workshop from 7 to 8:30 p.m., Thursday, April 25. Participants will learn about their own sense of site by taking apart a real cow eye.
“This class is for the whole herd,” said museum Director Molly Trickey, “even if you’re brand new to dissection. Our knowledgeable instructors will steer you in the right direction.”
Cow Eye Dissection Workshop is designed for children or adults (younger than 12 must have an adult present). Fee is $13 per dissector for members and $15 for non-members. Accompanying adults are free for members and $4 for non-members. Space is limited and registration is required.
The Midwest Museum of Natural History is at 425 W. State St., Sycamore, Ill., and can be reached at (815) 895-9777 or online at mmnh.org.
Posted April 24, 2013