- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Guitar Superstar winner Mark Kroos at Court Street UMC April 28
Online Staff Report
Mark Kroos, winner of Guitar Player magazine’s 2011 International Guitar Superstar competition, will perform at Rockford’s Court Street United Methodist Church at 4:30 p.m., Sunday, April 28.
From Williamsburg, Va., Kroos is one of the only touring double-neck guitarists in the world. His almost-strictly instrumental performances are characterized by open harmonies, polyphonic textures, and incredible tapping technique, and are as entertaining to watch as it is to listen to.
Drawing influence from folk, Celtic, Indie and even punk rock artists as well as other great acoustic guitarist such as Michael Hedges, Andy Mckee and Justin King, Kroos has developed his own edge to the acoustic guitar.
The free-will donation performance will be in the church sanctuary, which is in downtown Rockford at 215 N. Court St. All are welcome to attend.
Posted April 24, 2013