- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Guitar Superstar winner Mark Kroos at Court Street UMC April 28
Online Staff Report
Mark Kroos, winner of Guitar Player magazine’s 2011 International Guitar Superstar competition, will perform at Rockford’s Court Street United Methodist Church at 4:30 p.m., Sunday, April 28.
From Williamsburg, Va., Kroos is one of the only touring double-neck guitarists in the world. His almost-strictly instrumental performances are characterized by open harmonies, polyphonic textures, and incredible tapping technique, and are as entertaining to watch as it is to listen to.
Drawing influence from folk, Celtic, Indie and even punk rock artists as well as other great acoustic guitarist such as Michael Hedges, Andy Mckee and Justin King, Kroos has developed his own edge to the acoustic guitar.
The free-will donation performance will be in the church sanctuary, which is in downtown Rockford at 215 N. Court St. All are welcome to attend.
Posted April 24, 2013