- AG’s, comptroller’s offices to meet in court Tuesday
- Comptroller: state payroll system antiquated
- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
Guitar Superstar winner Mark Kroos at Court Street UMC April 28
Online Staff Report
Mark Kroos, winner of Guitar Player magazine’s 2011 International Guitar Superstar competition, will perform at Rockford’s Court Street United Methodist Church at 4:30 p.m., Sunday, April 28.
From Williamsburg, Va., Kroos is one of the only touring double-neck guitarists in the world. His almost-strictly instrumental performances are characterized by open harmonies, polyphonic textures, and incredible tapping technique, and are as entertaining to watch as it is to listen to.
Drawing influence from folk, Celtic, Indie and even punk rock artists as well as other great acoustic guitarist such as Michael Hedges, Andy Mckee and Justin King, Kroos has developed his own edge to the acoustic guitar.
The free-will donation performance will be in the church sanctuary, which is in downtown Rockford at 215 N. Court St. All are welcome to attend.
Posted April 24, 2013