- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
RAMP Wheel-A-Thon April 27 in Belvidere
BELVIDERE, Ill. — RAMP’s Eighth Annual Boone County Wheel-A-Thon will begin at 9 a.m., Saturday, April 27, at the Community Building,111 W. First St., Belvidere, Ill.
The Wheel-A-Thon takes an ordinary event (like a walk) and introduces a disability awareness aspect by focusing on the abilities of people using a wheelchair — the wheelchair can be shared by a team and decorated before the 2-mile route begins. Participants collect donations and receive structured incentives from local community partners such as McDonald’s, Rockford Aviators and Magic Waters.
The Wheel-A-Thon is a fun, family friendly event to help support the efforts of RAMP’s Boone County office. RAMP’s goal is for the community to “get” the message of how an inaccessible society and landscape can hamper even basic progress. The Wheel-A-Thon supports RAMP’s mission to promote an accessible society that allows and expects full participation by people with disabilities.
Visit www.BooneCountyWheelathon.stayclassy.org to sign up your team, sponsor a wheeler or make a donation. Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Contact (815) 544-8404 or email@example.com.
Posted April 24, 2013