- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
RAMP Wheel-A-Thon April 27 in Belvidere
BELVIDERE, Ill. — RAMP’s Eighth Annual Boone County Wheel-A-Thon will begin at 9 a.m., Saturday, April 27, at the Community Building,111 W. First St., Belvidere, Ill.
The Wheel-A-Thon takes an ordinary event (like a walk) and introduces a disability awareness aspect by focusing on the abilities of people using a wheelchair — the wheelchair can be shared by a team and decorated before the 2-mile route begins. Participants collect donations and receive structured incentives from local community partners such as McDonald’s, Rockford Aviators and Magic Waters.
The Wheel-A-Thon is a fun, family friendly event to help support the efforts of RAMP’s Boone County office. RAMP’s goal is for the community to “get” the message of how an inaccessible society and landscape can hamper even basic progress. The Wheel-A-Thon supports RAMP’s mission to promote an accessible society that allows and expects full participation by people with disabilities.
Visit www.BooneCountyWheelathon.stayclassy.org to sign up your team, sponsor a wheeler or make a donation. Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Contact (815) 544-8404 or email@example.com.
Posted April 24, 2013