- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
RAMP Wheel-A-Thon April 27 in Belvidere
BELVIDERE, Ill. — RAMP’s Eighth Annual Boone County Wheel-A-Thon will begin at 9 a.m., Saturday, April 27, at the Community Building,111 W. First St., Belvidere, Ill.
The Wheel-A-Thon takes an ordinary event (like a walk) and introduces a disability awareness aspect by focusing on the abilities of people using a wheelchair — the wheelchair can be shared by a team and decorated before the 2-mile route begins. Participants collect donations and receive structured incentives from local community partners such as McDonald’s, Rockford Aviators and Magic Waters.
The Wheel-A-Thon is a fun, family friendly event to help support the efforts of RAMP’s Boone County office. RAMP’s goal is for the community to “get” the message of how an inaccessible society and landscape can hamper even basic progress. The Wheel-A-Thon supports RAMP’s mission to promote an accessible society that allows and expects full participation by people with disabilities.
Visit www.BooneCountyWheelathon.stayclassy.org to sign up your team, sponsor a wheeler or make a donation. Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Contact (815) 544-8404 or email@example.com.
Posted April 24, 2013