- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
RAMP Wheel-A-Thon April 27 in Belvidere
BELVIDERE, Ill. — RAMP’s Eighth Annual Boone County Wheel-A-Thon will begin at 9 a.m., Saturday, April 27, at the Community Building,111 W. First St., Belvidere, Ill.
The Wheel-A-Thon takes an ordinary event (like a walk) and introduces a disability awareness aspect by focusing on the abilities of people using a wheelchair — the wheelchair can be shared by a team and decorated before the 2-mile route begins. Participants collect donations and receive structured incentives from local community partners such as McDonald’s, Rockford Aviators and Magic Waters.
The Wheel-A-Thon is a fun, family friendly event to help support the efforts of RAMP’s Boone County office. RAMP’s goal is for the community to “get” the message of how an inaccessible society and landscape can hamper even basic progress. The Wheel-A-Thon supports RAMP’s mission to promote an accessible society that allows and expects full participation by people with disabilities.
Visit www.BooneCountyWheelathon.stayclassy.org to sign up your team, sponsor a wheeler or make a donation. Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Contact (815) 544-8404 or email@example.com.
Posted April 24, 2013