- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Rockford accordionist Mike Alongi featured in radio concert
Online Staff Report
April is Jazz Appreciation Month. In honor of the observance, Rockford accordionist Mike Alongi’s last concert at the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center will be presented on the city’s community radio station, WTPB LP 99.3 FM.
Alongi will perform jazz favorites along with Ken Stein on reeds, Guy Fiorenza on bass, Tom Marken on drums and singer Mike Williamson.
John “Radio” Russell Ghrist hosts the 70-minute program, which was produced from tapes made at the group’s last appearance at the center’s Music on Main series at the Emerson House.
The program will be presented at the following times: 10 p.m., Thursday, April 25; 9 a.m., Friday, April 26; 9 a.m., Monday, April 29; 10 p.m., Tuesday, April 30; and 9 a.m., Friday, May 3.
The show will include music and interviews with the musicans and audience.
WTPB LP 99.3 FM broadcasts from Third Presbyterian Church in Rockford. The station may be contacted at (815) 962-7889.
Posted April 24, 2013