- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Rockford accordionist Mike Alongi featured in radio concert
Online Staff Report
April is Jazz Appreciation Month. In honor of the observance, Rockford accordionist Mike Alongi’s last concert at the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center will be presented on the city’s community radio station, WTPB LP 99.3 FM.
Alongi will perform jazz favorites along with Ken Stein on reeds, Guy Fiorenza on bass, Tom Marken on drums and singer Mike Williamson.
John “Radio” Russell Ghrist hosts the 70-minute program, which was produced from tapes made at the group’s last appearance at the center’s Music on Main series at the Emerson House.
The program will be presented at the following times: 10 p.m., Thursday, April 25; 9 a.m., Friday, April 26; 9 a.m., Monday, April 29; 10 p.m., Tuesday, April 30; and 9 a.m., Friday, May 3.
The show will include music and interviews with the musicans and audience.
WTPB LP 99.3 FM broadcasts from Third Presbyterian Church in Rockford. The station may be contacted at (815) 962-7889.
Posted April 24, 2013