- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
- BREAKING: Rauner vetoes state budget
- Leaders back Lincoln historic expansion
Rockford accordionist Mike Alongi featured in radio concert
Online Staff Report
April is Jazz Appreciation Month. In honor of the observance, Rockford accordionist Mike Alongi’s last concert at the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center will be presented on the city’s community radio station, WTPB LP 99.3 FM.
Alongi will perform jazz favorites along with Ken Stein on reeds, Guy Fiorenza on bass, Tom Marken on drums and singer Mike Williamson.
John “Radio” Russell Ghrist hosts the 70-minute program, which was produced from tapes made at the group’s last appearance at the center’s Music on Main series at the Emerson House.
The program will be presented at the following times: 10 p.m., Thursday, April 25; 9 a.m., Friday, April 26; 9 a.m., Monday, April 29; 10 p.m., Tuesday, April 30; and 9 a.m., Friday, May 3.
The show will include music and interviews with the musicans and audience.
WTPB LP 99.3 FM broadcasts from Third Presbyterian Church in Rockford. The station may be contacted at (815) 962-7889.
Posted April 24, 2013