- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Rockford accordionist Mike Alongi featured in radio concert
Online Staff Report
April is Jazz Appreciation Month. In honor of the observance, Rockford accordionist Mike Alongi’s last concert at the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center will be presented on the city’s community radio station, WTPB LP 99.3 FM.
Alongi will perform jazz favorites along with Ken Stein on reeds, Guy Fiorenza on bass, Tom Marken on drums and singer Mike Williamson.
John “Radio” Russell Ghrist hosts the 70-minute program, which was produced from tapes made at the group’s last appearance at the center’s Music on Main series at the Emerson House.
The program will be presented at the following times: 10 p.m., Thursday, April 25; 9 a.m., Friday, April 26; 9 a.m., Monday, April 29; 10 p.m., Tuesday, April 30; and 9 a.m., Friday, May 3.
The show will include music and interviews with the musicans and audience.
WTPB LP 99.3 FM broadcasts from Third Presbyterian Church in Rockford. The station may be contacted at (815) 962-7889.
Posted April 24, 2013