- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Three out of four cars need service
If you own a vehicle, chances are it needs some work. National Car Care Month in April is the ideal time to spring into action and give your car some extra attention.
Results of vehicle inspections held at community car care events across the country reveal that 77 percent of vehicles need service or parts. Neglected vehicle care almost always means much higher costs down the line in the form of more extensive repairs or lost resale value.
Whether you visit a professional service technician or do it yourself, a thorough vehicle inspection this spring can keep your car safe and dependable. Following a routine maintenance program on an ongoing basis, like the Car Care Council’s free personalized schedule and e-mail reminder service, can help you drive smart, save money and make informed decisions.
Car Care Council
From the April 24-30, 2013, issue