- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
Water Reclamation plant manager honored
Larry McFall, Plant Operations manager for the Rock River Water Reclamation District, was recently awarded the Water Environment Federation’s (WEF) Hatfield Award during a statewide conference in Springfield, Ill.
The annual award is given to operators of wastewater treatment plants for outstanding performance and professionalism. The award was established in honor of Dr. William D. Hatfield, superintendent of the Decatur, Ill., Sanitary District, who was president of the Central States Sewage Works Association in 1944-45 and served as president of the Federation in 1958-59.
“Larry does a superb job coordinating development of plant services within the district,” said District Executive Director Steve Graceffa. “We’re very proud his work is being recognized by the WEF.”
An unnamed member of the Illinois Water Environment Federation nominated McFall.
From the April 24-30, 2013, issue