- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
Water Reclamation plant manager honored
Larry McFall, Plant Operations manager for the Rock River Water Reclamation District, was recently awarded the Water Environment Federation’s (WEF) Hatfield Award during a statewide conference in Springfield, Ill.
The annual award is given to operators of wastewater treatment plants for outstanding performance and professionalism. The award was established in honor of Dr. William D. Hatfield, superintendent of the Decatur, Ill., Sanitary District, who was president of the Central States Sewage Works Association in 1944-45 and served as president of the Federation in 1958-59.
“Larry does a superb job coordinating development of plant services within the district,” said District Executive Director Steve Graceffa. “We’re very proud his work is being recognized by the WEF.”
An unnamed member of the Illinois Water Environment Federation nominated McFall.
From the April 24-30, 2013, issue