- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
Water Reclamation plant manager honored
Larry McFall, Plant Operations manager for the Rock River Water Reclamation District, was recently awarded the Water Environment Federation’s (WEF) Hatfield Award during a statewide conference in Springfield, Ill.
The annual award is given to operators of wastewater treatment plants for outstanding performance and professionalism. The award was established in honor of Dr. William D. Hatfield, superintendent of the Decatur, Ill., Sanitary District, who was president of the Central States Sewage Works Association in 1944-45 and served as president of the Federation in 1958-59.
“Larry does a superb job coordinating development of plant services within the district,” said District Executive Director Steve Graceffa. “We’re very proud his work is being recognized by the WEF.”
An unnamed member of the Illinois Water Environment Federation nominated McFall.
From the April 24-30, 2013, issue