- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Water Reclamation plant manager honored
Larry McFall, Plant Operations manager for the Rock River Water Reclamation District, was recently awarded the Water Environment Federation’s (WEF) Hatfield Award during a statewide conference in Springfield, Ill.
The annual award is given to operators of wastewater treatment plants for outstanding performance and professionalism. The award was established in honor of Dr. William D. Hatfield, superintendent of the Decatur, Ill., Sanitary District, who was president of the Central States Sewage Works Association in 1944-45 and served as president of the Federation in 1958-59.
“Larry does a superb job coordinating development of plant services within the district,” said District Executive Director Steve Graceffa. “We’re very proud his work is being recognized by the WEF.”
An unnamed member of the Illinois Water Environment Federation nominated McFall.
From the April 24-30, 2013, issue