- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
Water Reclamation plant manager honored
Larry McFall, Plant Operations manager for the Rock River Water Reclamation District, was recently awarded the Water Environment Federation’s (WEF) Hatfield Award during a statewide conference in Springfield, Ill.
The annual award is given to operators of wastewater treatment plants for outstanding performance and professionalism. The award was established in honor of Dr. William D. Hatfield, superintendent of the Decatur, Ill., Sanitary District, who was president of the Central States Sewage Works Association in 1944-45 and served as president of the Federation in 1958-59.
“Larry does a superb job coordinating development of plant services within the district,” said District Executive Director Steve Graceffa. “We’re very proud his work is being recognized by the WEF.”
An unnamed member of the Illinois Water Environment Federation nominated McFall.
From the April 24-30, 2013, issue