- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Freeport company donates more than 3,000 rolls of toilet paper to Rockford Rescue Mission
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Rescue Mission recently made an appeal to the public for toilet paper donations to accommodate the 200-plus people who stay there overnight. Malcolm Eaton Enterprises, a local developmental training center in Freeport, Ill., responded by promising to donate and deliver 32 cases, more than 3,000 rolls, of toilet paper to the Rescue Mission. The paper will be delivered to the Rockford Rescue Mission between 10 and 10:30 a.m., April 29.
Malcolm Eaton Enterprises is a nonprofit developmental training site in Freeport that provides vocational training and other supports to adults with developmental delays, including a large number from the Rockford area. Malcolm Eaton is also the home of Spirit Brand bathroom tissue.
Each year, Spirit brand tissue manufactures and distributes toilet paper for commercial and retail customers throughout Illinois, Wisconsin and beyond. All sales of Spirit bathroom tissue help provide support to the adults enrolled in services at Malcolm Eaton Enterprises.
The Rockford Rescue Mission still has a large number of needs. For a full list of items still needed, visit their website at www.rockfordrescuemission.org.
Posted April 25, 2013