- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Freeport company donates more than 3,000 rolls of toilet paper to Rockford Rescue Mission
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Rescue Mission recently made an appeal to the public for toilet paper donations to accommodate the 200-plus people who stay there overnight. Malcolm Eaton Enterprises, a local developmental training center in Freeport, Ill., responded by promising to donate and deliver 32 cases, more than 3,000 rolls, of toilet paper to the Rescue Mission. The paper will be delivered to the Rockford Rescue Mission between 10 and 10:30 a.m., April 29.
Malcolm Eaton Enterprises is a nonprofit developmental training site in Freeport that provides vocational training and other supports to adults with developmental delays, including a large number from the Rockford area. Malcolm Eaton is also the home of Spirit Brand bathroom tissue.
Each year, Spirit brand tissue manufactures and distributes toilet paper for commercial and retail customers throughout Illinois, Wisconsin and beyond. All sales of Spirit bathroom tissue help provide support to the adults enrolled in services at Malcolm Eaton Enterprises.
The Rockford Rescue Mission still has a large number of needs. For a full list of items still needed, visit their website at www.rockfordrescuemission.org.
Posted April 25, 2013