- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Craft Beer Week in Madison, Wis., May 3-12
Online Staff Report
MADISON, Wis. — The third annual Madison Craft Beer Week (MCBW) hosts more than 100 events celebrating craft beer in and around Madison, Wis.
Madison Craft Beer Week runs from Friday, May 3, through Sunday, May 12, and features a variety of events highlighting Dane County’s vibrant craft beer culture. MCBW 2013 will feature beer dinners, festivals, rare bottle tastings, cheese pairings, brewery tours, classes, movies, Friday Fish Fries and more — there is truly something for everyone, from novice to connoisseur.
Madison Craft Beer Week promotes Madison’s thriving craft beer culture, enhancing beer knowledge and appreciation, by sponsoring a 10-day (two-weekend) countywide festival that attracts beer tourism, fosters knowledge of our regional brewing heritage, and serves as a showcase for the Madison area’s breweries, restaurants, pubs, caterers, retailers, entertainers and other businesses with ties to the craft beer community.
Craft beer lovers will have the opportunity to attend events ranging from beer dinners and food pairings to beer walks, bar promotions, brewery parties and plenty more. Plan your week with accurate and easy-to-use iPhone and Android apps. Craft beer week activities may include the following:
• Brewery parties and/or meet-the-brewer events;
• Beer dinners and beer cook-off;
• Beer education and/or classes;
• Cheese and beer, sausage and beer, chocolate and beer pairings;
• Beer vs. wine night (e.g., beer vs. wine with cheese pairing);
• Real ale/bourbon barrel aged/barleywine festivals;
• Home brewing demonstrations/education;
• Pub crawls, bicycle tours, historical brewery site tours, scavenger hunt; and
• Great Taste of the Midwest ticket sales Sunday, May 5.
The 2013 Madison Craft Beer Week builds on a highly successful second year, which saw thousands of craft beer lovers enjoy more than 150 events at more than 60 venues.
Learn more at the official event website, http://www.madbeerweek.com/. Follow the fun at Twitter.com/MadBeerWeek or Facebook.com/MadBeerWeek. Or, contact Bill Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 204-6258.
Posted April 26, 2013