- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
Blood drive, quilt show at Crimson Pointe May 3
Online Staff Report
Crimson Pointe Assisted Living Facility, 7130 Crimson Ridge Drive, Rockford, will host a blood drive for the Rock River Valley Blood Center (RRVBC) from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Friday, May 3. In addition to the blood drive, there will be a quilt show and 10 area crafters available.
The RRVBC serves as a centralized, community blood center, and is the sole provider of blood products and services to Beloit Health Systems, Edgerton Hospital and Health Services, FHN, Mercy Harvard Hospital, OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, Rochelle Community Hospital, Rockford Health System, SwedishAmerican Health System and SwedishAmerican Medical Center — Belvidere.
For details or to make an appointment, call toll-free 877-RRVBC-99 or find RRVBC online at rrvbc.org.
Posted May 1, 2013