- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Derby Day at Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens May 4
Online Staff Report
Be a part of the most exciting 2 minutes in sports! Buy your ticket to attend the Kentucky Derby party at Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens, 1354 N. Second St., Rockford, from 4 to 6:30 p.m., Saturday, May 4.
View the 139th Annual Kentucky Derby in a tropical environment while enjoying all the typical traditions that take place in the South on race day. Tickets are $25 for members and $30 for non-members.
During the live broadcast, enjoy hors d’oeuvres from Toni’s of Winnebago. Admission also includes one signature cocktail, your choice of mint julep or Southern-style tea, along with a chance to capture the moment in a photo booth courtesy of Face Nook Fotos. A 50/50 raffle will also take place for a chance to win various prizes.
Take part in a tradition that dates back to 1875. Guests are invited to wear their best hat or best bow tie to be judged by two area celebrities. Nationally-known artist and “frosty gal” Lisa Frost, along with Booker Washington Center Executive Director Robert King, will judge the contest. The winners will have a chance to win a massage from Serenity Massage, an eight-class punch card for Pranayama Yoga Studios, gift certificates to Countryside Meat & Deli and Artale Wine Co., mugs from Lisa Frost, Rockford Park District golf course and cart certificate, a straight-razor shave from Totally You Hair Salon, a complete makeover package from rd Artistry, and more.
Call (815) 987-8858 or visit www.nicholasconservatory.com.
Posted May 1, 2013