- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Lockwood, Page parks offer show wagon trail tours in May, June
Online Staff Report
Enjoy traveling along scenic trails through Rockford Park District’s Lockwood and Page parks without riding a horse! Guided trail tours for adults ages 18 and older aboard the Lockwood show wagon provide time to experience nature’s beauty as well as plenty of photographic opportunities, or bring binoculars to identify native Midwestern birds.
Comfortable bench seating and a knowledgeable tour guide provide a fun and relaxing midday excursion, weather and minimum capacity (eight) permitting.
Rides are scheduled for Tuesdays, May 7, 14, 21 and 28, and June 4, 11, 18 and 25 for $6 per person ($8 non-resident). Advance reservations required; reserve spots by calling Lockwood Park at (815) 987-8809, where information is also available to arrange private rides.
Lockwood Park is at 5201 Safford Road, Rockford. Visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/lockwood. Information about accessibility and support for patrons with disabilities is available at (815) 987-8800.
Posted May 1, 2013