- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Lockwood, Page parks offer show wagon trail tours in May, June
Online Staff Report
Enjoy traveling along scenic trails through Rockford Park District’s Lockwood and Page parks without riding a horse! Guided trail tours for adults ages 18 and older aboard the Lockwood show wagon provide time to experience nature’s beauty as well as plenty of photographic opportunities, or bring binoculars to identify native Midwestern birds.
Comfortable bench seating and a knowledgeable tour guide provide a fun and relaxing midday excursion, weather and minimum capacity (eight) permitting.
Rides are scheduled for Tuesdays, May 7, 14, 21 and 28, and June 4, 11, 18 and 25 for $6 per person ($8 non-resident). Advance reservations required; reserve spots by calling Lockwood Park at (815) 987-8809, where information is also available to arrange private rides.
Lockwood Park is at 5201 Safford Road, Rockford. Visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/lockwood. Information about accessibility and support for patrons with disabilities is available at (815) 987-8800.
Posted May 1, 2013