- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Lockwood, Page parks offer show wagon trail tours in May, June
Online Staff Report
Enjoy traveling along scenic trails through Rockford Park District’s Lockwood and Page parks without riding a horse! Guided trail tours for adults ages 18 and older aboard the Lockwood show wagon provide time to experience nature’s beauty as well as plenty of photographic opportunities, or bring binoculars to identify native Midwestern birds.
Comfortable bench seating and a knowledgeable tour guide provide a fun and relaxing midday excursion, weather and minimum capacity (eight) permitting.
Rides are scheduled for Tuesdays, May 7, 14, 21 and 28, and June 4, 11, 18 and 25 for $6 per person ($8 non-resident). Advance reservations required; reserve spots by calling Lockwood Park at (815) 987-8809, where information is also available to arrange private rides.
Lockwood Park is at 5201 Safford Road, Rockford. Visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/lockwood. Information about accessibility and support for patrons with disabilities is available at (815) 987-8800.
Posted May 1, 2013