- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
Lockwood, Page parks offer show wagon trail tours in May, June
Online Staff Report
Enjoy traveling along scenic trails through Rockford Park District’s Lockwood and Page parks without riding a horse! Guided trail tours for adults ages 18 and older aboard the Lockwood show wagon provide time to experience nature’s beauty as well as plenty of photographic opportunities, or bring binoculars to identify native Midwestern birds.
Comfortable bench seating and a knowledgeable tour guide provide a fun and relaxing midday excursion, weather and minimum capacity (eight) permitting.
Rides are scheduled for Tuesdays, May 7, 14, 21 and 28, and June 4, 11, 18 and 25 for $6 per person ($8 non-resident). Advance reservations required; reserve spots by calling Lockwood Park at (815) 987-8809, where information is also available to arrange private rides.
Lockwood Park is at 5201 Safford Road, Rockford. Visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/lockwood. Information about accessibility and support for patrons with disabilities is available at (815) 987-8800.
Posted May 1, 2013