- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
May 3 Run for the Roses benefits Healing Pathways-Cancer Resource Center
Online Staff Report
Run for the Roses, presented by SwedishAmerican Regional Cancer Center, will offer a festive evening starting with cocktails on the Prairie Street Brewhouse deck along the Rock River. Professional photographers will be on hand snapping photos of attendees. Upon conclusion of the cocktail hour, patrons will enter the Brewhouse Barrel Room for dinner catered by Giovanni’s.
A unique element created for the event includes an “Over the Top — Derby Bonnet or Hat Competition,” which presents an opportunity to create an extravagantly beautiful (and sometimes humorous) derby bonnet and wear it to the event.
A “Chair”ity Auction will be composed of chairs appropriate for a variety of themes, and each will be accented with a basket of services and items relative to the theme.
A variety of signature-themed drinks are being researched. Throughout the evening, bid on a tray of one of the selected recipes for your table.
Also, take part in both live and silent bidding to win your table’s after-dinner dessert.
Review a racing form of what horses will win in the various races throughout the evening. Winners of each race will move on to the final race of the evening, with the final winner receiving the grand prize.
A cash bar offering adult libations will be included.
Reservations are $75 per guest, $600 per table of eight guests or $800 per table for eight guests including table signage honoring a business, family, friends, or in honor or memorial. A limited number of reservations will be accepted. Call (815) 395-5649.
Healing Pathways-Cancer Resource Center offers free services to people touched by cancer. Programs offered include stress management and nutrition classes, gentle exercise, support groups, massage therapy and reflexology. All programs are in the lower level of Westminster Presbyterian Church, 2821 N. Bell School Road, Rockford. Healing Pathways opened in 2010 and is funded solely through private contributions, grants and fund-raising events.
Posted May 1, 2013