- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Music scholarship auditions to be held at Rock Valley May 15
Online Staff Report
Music scholarship auditions will be held for musicians who will be or are considering attending Rock Valley College (RVC) in the 2013-2014 school year.
Anyone who enjoys singing or playing a musical instrument in a group is invited to participate in one or more of the ensembles offered through the RVC Music Department and is encouraged to audition for one of the college’s financial assistance grants. The Music Department has $30,000 to award for the upcoming school year. These awards are also offered to pianists interested in piano accompanying.
Students earn one semester credit hour in each ensemble. Scholarship recipients must be registered in at least one ensemble or its equivalent at the discretion of the music faculty. Those auditioning will be expected to perform a short solo to demonstrate their musical ability. These scholarships are renewable each year.
The auditions will be Wednesday afternoon, May 15, in the Performing Arts Room on the RVC campus, 3301 N. Mulford Road, Rockford.
Students should fill out an online application at rockvalleycollege.edu/musicscholarship by May 8. Applicants will be contacted regarding specific audition times.
Interested students should expect to perform a selection that shows musicianship and technical ability. The selection should last approximately 3-5 minutes in length. Students should bring an accompanist; however, if one is not available, the college will try to accommodate.
Call Paul Laprade at (815) 921-3347 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted May 1, 2013