- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
New title and registration rules for canoes, kayaks
• How to register/title your watercraft in Illinois
From the Illinois Department of Natural Resources
Editor’s note: New title and registration rules for canoes and kayaks are in place for 2013. The following registration/title information is from the Illinois Department of Natural Resources.
All watercraft other than non-powered watercraft on the waters within the jurisdiction of this state shall be registered and titled.
Canoes, kayaks and paddle boats are no longer required to be titled/registered in Illinois UNLESS they have a motor or sail; otherwise, customers will be able to purchase a Paddle Pass for $6 per calendar year for the first three vessels and $3 for any additional vessels. All passes must be purchased at the same time to receive the discount.
Paddle Passes should be available over the counter at any point of sale vendor starting around June 1 and will be mandatory effective July 1.
State law requires that the purchaser of a watercraft shall, within 15 days after purchase, make application to the department for registration/title. For watercraft purchased from a dealer, the dealer must within 15 days mail or deliver the application to the department.
No titles, registration cards, and/or decals are issued over the counter at any Natural Resources offices. Applications are processed by mail at the Springfield office.
Processing times for watercraft applications are as follow:
• Internet or phone-in renewals — processing times take three to four weeks.
• Mail-in half-sheet, pre-printed renewal applications — processing times takes three to four weeks from date of receipt.
• Long form Watercraft Registration/Title applications — Applications received Feb. 14-21 are being processed. Allow 10 weeks after your submission date for inquiries regarding the status of your application.
To order a supply of watercraft application forms, call (217) 557-0180 or 1-800-382-1696, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the May 1-7, 2013, issue