- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Our freedoms are being assaulted
Do you feel overwhelmed at the number of incursions into your personal space by this over-regulating government? Your kid would be able to buy a super-cheap major medical health policy if not for ObamaCare. Now, his premium carries the burden for the elderly and the ill. His ObamaCare-required coverage must cover childbirth and infertility treatment. He’s not even dating!
Are you wondering what stupid moves will be made next by Congress? Or what new Executive Order will bypass the Congress? Don’t like Executive Orders? That’s OK. President Barack Obama will do an “executive action,” such as in 2011 when the president put a stop to the deportation of thousands of illegal immigrants via a memo to Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano.
We are reeling from a constant assault on our freedoms. Nothing proposed in the Senate gun control bill would have stopped the tragic events cited to justify the new law. Already, a northern Illinois school district has sent letters to para-educators that their hours next school year will be cut to 5-3/4 per day to keep them under 30 hours per week. This is a direct result of the “Affordable Care Act” (ObamaCare). Perhaps the law should be renamed the “Unaffordable Wage Reduction Act.”
Come to the Thursday, May 2, showing of Innocents Betrayed movie at Roscoe Branch North Suburban Library, 5562 Clayton Circle, 6:30 p.m. It shows what happens when the government gets the people’s guns, and is not suitable for children younger than 15. The public is invited.
From the May 1-7, 2013, issue