- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
Park District bestows community service awards
Rockford Park District held the 2012 Illinois Park and Recreation Association (IPRA)/ Illinois Association of Park Districts (IAPD) Community Service Awards at the Indoor Sports Center in Loves Park. Community Service Awards are presented every year to dedicated individuals, agencies, partners and companies who have unselfishly assisted the Rockford Park District.
2012 Community Service Award recipients include the following: Aaron Fleming, RC Trail Crew and Terry Herbig, Illinois Trail Riders; Aprel Prunty and Sidella Hughes; Barlow Family: Tom, Chris, Baylee, Jessica and Connor; Bob Stroup; Bill Muraski; Bricklayers & Allied Craftworkers Local Union No. 6; Bill Rosemeier, Volunteer Photographer at Midway Village Museum; Boylan Catholic High School and Paul Heitcamp, Boylan High School Athletic Director; Carol Alexander; Christian Life High School and Rich Wood, Christian Life High School Athletic Director; Dave Picken and Wally Rebman; Dr. Barb Frampton; Ed Kirk, Volunteer Graphic Designer at Midway Village Museum; Eric Neubauer; Guilford High School — Vocational Education Program; Janet Jones, Midway Village Museum Board of Directors Chairperson; JJ Paris; Jodi Rasmussen; John Groh, RACVB President/CEO; Junior Streethogs Partners: Gordon Kaye (RAVE President), Mike Riley (Rockford Fire Department), Mark Bernard (Chicago Blackhawks General Manager), Scott Hendee, Steve Ward, and Gina Caruana from Riverside Community Bank.
Kathy Engelhart; Linda Lurvey; Mat Parker, Rockford Public Schools Athletic Director; Mi-Box Storage Company; Mike Brown, President/CEO, YMCA of Rock River Valley; Mike Robinson, Director of Marketing and Communications at OSF Healthcare; Paddle and Trail: Walter Loos and Therese Oldenburg; Pablo Korona, video producer; Robert King, Executive Director of Booker Washington Community Center; Rockford Park District Foundation Marketing & Advertising Task Force: Suzanne Berger, Jamie Cassel, Bob Jakubien, Pam Maher, Linda Niemiec, Denise Noe, Norma Polcek, Tracey Richter; Rockford School District: Dr. Robert Willis, Dr. Travis Woulfe, Kathi Jentoft McBain, Julie West; Schnucks (Logli on N. Rockton Ave.); Stacey Krueger; Steve Pierce, President of P&H Electric Corp; Thayer Lighting; Valerie Johnson; Virginia Brosius, Discovery Center Museum Volunteer.
From the May 1-7, 2013, issue