- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Robotic Team finalist for Global Innovation Award
Rockford Christian Schools’ Middle School Robotic Team has been notified they are one of the top three teams in the world who will receive consideration for the Global Innovation Award. Their patent-pending innovation, the MPA (Magnetic Plug Adapter), was selected as one of three finalists from 477 teams representing 23 countries. RCS Middle School team includes: Leah McInerney, David Gartner, Konnor Gottfred, Connor Ciembronoweiz, Dalton Morris, JJ Bergstedt and Grant Singer. Next step? The Royal Narwhals (as they call themselves) and two other teams will find out firsthand who finished in first place in June when they travel to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in Alexandria, Va.
From the May 1-7, 2013, issue