- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Robotic Team finalist for Global Innovation Award
Rockford Christian Schools’ Middle School Robotic Team has been notified they are one of the top three teams in the world who will receive consideration for the Global Innovation Award. Their patent-pending innovation, the MPA (Magnetic Plug Adapter), was selected as one of three finalists from 477 teams representing 23 countries. RCS Middle School team includes: Leah McInerney, David Gartner, Konnor Gottfred, Connor Ciembronoweiz, Dalton Morris, JJ Bergstedt and Grant Singer. Next step? The Royal Narwhals (as they call themselves) and two other teams will find out firsthand who finished in first place in June when they travel to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in Alexandria, Va.
From the May 1-7, 2013, issue