- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Rockford Muscle Walk May 4 at YMCA Log Lodge
More than 200 people are registered to support the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) during the Rockford Muscle Walk to help pay tribute to — and raise funds for — children and adults served by MDA in the Rockford area.
“We want to encourage people in the Rockford area to give back to local families affected by neuromuscular disease,” said MDA Fund-raising Coordinator Emily Rich. “By supporting the MDA Muscle Walk event on May 4, people can make an immediate difference and help raise awareness and funds for research and vital services benefiting families served by the association.”
The annual Rockford Muscle Walk is scheduled for 9:30 a.m., Saturday, May 4, at the YMCA Log Lodge, 200 Y Blvd., Rockford. For registration information, visit www.Walk.MDA.org, or call the local MDA office at (630) 598-0700.
Last year, MDA Muscle Walks nationwide raised more than $6.2 million, and more than $10 million has been raised since the program started in 2011.
MDA Muscle Walk is a series of fun, non-competitive local walks held across the country, and it’s the largest event of its kind in the United States. More than 160 walks are held throughout the nation, with events scheduled from January to April.
MDA is the nonprofit health agency dedicated to curing muscular dystrophy, ALS and related diseases by funding worldwide research. The association also provides comprehensive health care and support services, advocacy and education. Visit mda.org.
From the May 1-7, 2013, issue