- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Rockford Muscle Walk May 4 at YMCA Log Lodge
More than 200 people are registered to support the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) during the Rockford Muscle Walk to help pay tribute to — and raise funds for — children and adults served by MDA in the Rockford area.
“We want to encourage people in the Rockford area to give back to local families affected by neuromuscular disease,” said MDA Fund-raising Coordinator Emily Rich. “By supporting the MDA Muscle Walk event on May 4, people can make an immediate difference and help raise awareness and funds for research and vital services benefiting families served by the association.”
The annual Rockford Muscle Walk is scheduled for 9:30 a.m., Saturday, May 4, at the YMCA Log Lodge, 200 Y Blvd., Rockford. For registration information, visit www.Walk.MDA.org, or call the local MDA office at (630) 598-0700.
Last year, MDA Muscle Walks nationwide raised more than $6.2 million, and more than $10 million has been raised since the program started in 2011.
MDA Muscle Walk is a series of fun, non-competitive local walks held across the country, and it’s the largest event of its kind in the United States. More than 160 walks are held throughout the nation, with events scheduled from January to April.
MDA is the nonprofit health agency dedicated to curing muscular dystrophy, ALS and related diseases by funding worldwide research. The association also provides comprehensive health care and support services, advocacy and education. Visit mda.org.
From the May 1-7, 2013, issue