- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Rockton River Market set for May 8-Oct. 31
Online Staff Report
ROCKTON, Ill. — The Rockton Chamber is hosting the Rockton River Market May 8-Oct. 31 on Wedenesdays from 3 to 8 p.m. on East Hawick Street, next to Old Settler’s Park, Rockton, Ill. The Rockton River Market offers local farm fresh vegetables.
The Rockton River Market has been approved by the Illinois Agricultural Department for its Illinois Fresh program to sell Illinois products. The market has also been listed on the Local Harvest community website, which also supports locally-grown produce and people are seeing the benefits to a healthy lifestyle by purchasing locally-grown produce.
This year, because of the location of the River Market at Old Settler’s Park, during the period of Old Settler’s Days setup and tear-down, the market will move to the parking lot of Farm & Fleet on Rockton Road and keep the same day and times. These dates have been estimated to be June 5 and June 12.
Call the Rockton Chamber at (815) 624-7625 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted May 1, 2013