- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Rockton River Market set for May 8-Oct. 31
Online Staff Report
ROCKTON, Ill. — The Rockton Chamber is hosting the Rockton River Market May 8-Oct. 31 on Wedenesdays from 3 to 8 p.m. on East Hawick Street, next to Old Settler’s Park, Rockton, Ill. The Rockton River Market offers local farm fresh vegetables.
The Rockton River Market has been approved by the Illinois Agricultural Department for its Illinois Fresh program to sell Illinois products. The market has also been listed on the Local Harvest community website, which also supports locally-grown produce and people are seeing the benefits to a healthy lifestyle by purchasing locally-grown produce.
This year, because of the location of the River Market at Old Settler’s Park, during the period of Old Settler’s Days setup and tear-down, the market will move to the parking lot of Farm & Fleet on Rockton Road and keep the same day and times. These dates have been estimated to be June 5 and June 12.
Call the Rockton Chamber at (815) 624-7625 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted May 1, 2013