- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Rockton River Market set for May 8-Oct. 31
Online Staff Report
ROCKTON, Ill. — The Rockton Chamber is hosting the Rockton River Market May 8-Oct. 31 on Wedenesdays from 3 to 8 p.m. on East Hawick Street, next to Old Settler’s Park, Rockton, Ill. The Rockton River Market offers local farm fresh vegetables.
The Rockton River Market has been approved by the Illinois Agricultural Department for its Illinois Fresh program to sell Illinois products. The market has also been listed on the Local Harvest community website, which also supports locally-grown produce and people are seeing the benefits to a healthy lifestyle by purchasing locally-grown produce.
This year, because of the location of the River Market at Old Settler’s Park, during the period of Old Settler’s Days setup and tear-down, the market will move to the parking lot of Farm & Fleet on Rockton Road and keep the same day and times. These dates have been estimated to be June 5 and June 12.
Call the Rockton Chamber at (815) 624-7625 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted May 1, 2013