- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Rockton River Market set for May 8-Oct. 31
Online Staff Report
ROCKTON, Ill. — The Rockton Chamber is hosting the Rockton River Market May 8-Oct. 31 on Wedenesdays from 3 to 8 p.m. on East Hawick Street, next to Old Settler’s Park, Rockton, Ill. The Rockton River Market offers local farm fresh vegetables.
The Rockton River Market has been approved by the Illinois Agricultural Department for its Illinois Fresh program to sell Illinois products. The market has also been listed on the Local Harvest community website, which also supports locally-grown produce and people are seeing the benefits to a healthy lifestyle by purchasing locally-grown produce.
This year, because of the location of the River Market at Old Settler’s Park, during the period of Old Settler’s Days setup and tear-down, the market will move to the parking lot of Farm & Fleet on Rockton Road and keep the same day and times. These dates have been estimated to be June 5 and June 12.
Call the Rockton Chamber at (815) 624-7625 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted May 1, 2013