- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Two area baseball players sign letters of intent with Rock Valley
Online Staff Report
Blake Morhardt, a senior at Rockford Guilford High School, and Todd Whitlow of Stillman Valley High School have signed letters of intent to continue their baseball careers at Rock Valley College (RVC).
“Blake and Todd both possess the athleticism and skills to compete at the college level, and we are excited to have them choose Rock Valley College as the place to continue their progression,” said RVC skipper Kevin Vest. “Additionally, both of these young men fit the mold of what we expect from our student-athletes in the classroom and in the community. They will be a great asset to the Golden Eagle family.”
RVC has a long tradition of excellence in intercollegiate athletics with more than 130 All-Americans, 11 national titles, and numerous national Coach of the Year recipients. In recent years, RVC has invested in athletic facilities, including new fields for baseball and softball, and a $13 million renovation of the Physical Education Center in 2009.
Posted May 1, 2013