- 20th Annual Honor the Mounds set for Saturday
- Cubs offense returns in sweep of Milwaukee
- TRRT Online Edition | Aug. 5-11
- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
Two area baseball players sign letters of intent with Rock Valley
Online Staff Report
Blake Morhardt, a senior at Rockford Guilford High School, and Todd Whitlow of Stillman Valley High School have signed letters of intent to continue their baseball careers at Rock Valley College (RVC).
“Blake and Todd both possess the athleticism and skills to compete at the college level, and we are excited to have them choose Rock Valley College as the place to continue their progression,” said RVC skipper Kevin Vest. “Additionally, both of these young men fit the mold of what we expect from our student-athletes in the classroom and in the community. They will be a great asset to the Golden Eagle family.”
RVC has a long tradition of excellence in intercollegiate athletics with more than 130 All-Americans, 11 national titles, and numerous national Coach of the Year recipients. In recent years, RVC has invested in athletic facilities, including new fields for baseball and softball, and a $13 million renovation of the Physical Education Center in 2009.
Posted May 1, 2013