- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Two area baseball players sign letters of intent with Rock Valley
Online Staff Report
Blake Morhardt, a senior at Rockford Guilford High School, and Todd Whitlow of Stillman Valley High School have signed letters of intent to continue their baseball careers at Rock Valley College (RVC).
“Blake and Todd both possess the athleticism and skills to compete at the college level, and we are excited to have them choose Rock Valley College as the place to continue their progression,” said RVC skipper Kevin Vest. “Additionally, both of these young men fit the mold of what we expect from our student-athletes in the classroom and in the community. They will be a great asset to the Golden Eagle family.”
RVC has a long tradition of excellence in intercollegiate athletics with more than 130 All-Americans, 11 national titles, and numerous national Coach of the Year recipients. In recent years, RVC has invested in athletic facilities, including new fields for baseball and softball, and a $13 million renovation of the Physical Education Center in 2009.
Posted May 1, 2013