- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Two area baseball players sign letters of intent with Rock Valley
Online Staff Report
Blake Morhardt, a senior at Rockford Guilford High School, and Todd Whitlow of Stillman Valley High School have signed letters of intent to continue their baseball careers at Rock Valley College (RVC).
“Blake and Todd both possess the athleticism and skills to compete at the college level, and we are excited to have them choose Rock Valley College as the place to continue their progression,” said RVC skipper Kevin Vest. “Additionally, both of these young men fit the mold of what we expect from our student-athletes in the classroom and in the community. They will be a great asset to the Golden Eagle family.”
RVC has a long tradition of excellence in intercollegiate athletics with more than 130 All-Americans, 11 national titles, and numerous national Coach of the Year recipients. In recent years, RVC has invested in athletic facilities, including new fields for baseball and softball, and a $13 million renovation of the Physical Education Center in 2009.
Posted May 1, 2013