- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
NIU to bid farewell to President John G. Peters May 6
Online Staff Report
DEKALB, Ill. — After 13 years of dedicated service, Northern Illinois University (NIU) President John G. Peters will step aside as president effective June 30.
To note the occasion, a farewell celebration called “Honoring the Legacy — A Communiversity Farewell to John Peters” will be held outdoors near the East Lagoon and the Davis Hall Fountain from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., Monday, May 6. The formal program begins at 4:30 p.m., and will include the unveiling of Peters’ presidential portrait.
This event is open to the public.
Parking is available in the Music Building lot on College Avenue or in Lot 12, located off Castle Drive just north of Lincoln Highway.
Those unable to attend who wish to share special memories or send well-wishes to John and Barbara Peters can e-mail those to Petersfarewell@niu.edu.
Call (815) 753-1999 or e-mail email@example.com for more details.