- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
NIU to bid farewell to President John G. Peters May 6
Online Staff Report
DEKALB, Ill. — After 13 years of dedicated service, Northern Illinois University (NIU) President John G. Peters will step aside as president effective June 30.
To note the occasion, a farewell celebration called “Honoring the Legacy — A Communiversity Farewell to John Peters” will be held outdoors near the East Lagoon and the Davis Hall Fountain from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., Monday, May 6. The formal program begins at 4:30 p.m., and will include the unveiling of Peters’ presidential portrait.
This event is open to the public.
Parking is available in the Music Building lot on College Avenue or in Lot 12, located off Castle Drive just north of Lincoln Highway.
Those unable to attend who wish to share special memories or send well-wishes to John and Barbara Peters can e-mail those to Petersfarewell@niu.edu.
Call (815) 753-1999 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.