- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
NIU to bid farewell to President John G. Peters May 6
Online Staff Report
DEKALB, Ill. — After 13 years of dedicated service, Northern Illinois University (NIU) President John G. Peters will step aside as president effective June 30.
To note the occasion, a farewell celebration called “Honoring the Legacy — A Communiversity Farewell to John Peters” will be held outdoors near the East Lagoon and the Davis Hall Fountain from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., Monday, May 6. The formal program begins at 4:30 p.m., and will include the unveiling of Peters’ presidential portrait.
This event is open to the public.
Parking is available in the Music Building lot on College Avenue or in Lot 12, located off Castle Drive just north of Lincoln Highway.
Those unable to attend who wish to share special memories or send well-wishes to John and Barbara Peters can e-mail those to Petersfarewell@niu.edu.
Call (815) 753-1999 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.