- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
NIU to bid farewell to President John G. Peters May 6
Online Staff Report
DEKALB, Ill. — After 13 years of dedicated service, Northern Illinois University (NIU) President John G. Peters will step aside as president effective June 30.
To note the occasion, a farewell celebration called “Honoring the Legacy — A Communiversity Farewell to John Peters” will be held outdoors near the East Lagoon and the Davis Hall Fountain from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., Monday, May 6. The formal program begins at 4:30 p.m., and will include the unveiling of Peters’ presidential portrait.
This event is open to the public.
Parking is available in the Music Building lot on College Avenue or in Lot 12, located off Castle Drive just north of Lincoln Highway.
Those unable to attend who wish to share special memories or send well-wishes to John and Barbara Peters can e-mail those to Petersfarewell@niu.edu.
Call (815) 753-1999 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.