- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
NIU to bid farewell to President John G. Peters May 6
Online Staff Report
DEKALB, Ill. — After 13 years of dedicated service, Northern Illinois University (NIU) President John G. Peters will step aside as president effective June 30.
To note the occasion, a farewell celebration called “Honoring the Legacy — A Communiversity Farewell to John Peters” will be held outdoors near the East Lagoon and the Davis Hall Fountain from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., Monday, May 6. The formal program begins at 4:30 p.m., and will include the unveiling of Peters’ presidential portrait.
This event is open to the public.
Parking is available in the Music Building lot on College Avenue or in Lot 12, located off Castle Drive just north of Lincoln Highway.
Those unable to attend who wish to share special memories or send well-wishes to John and Barbara Peters can e-mail those to Petersfarewell@niu.edu.
Call (815) 753-1999 or e-mail email@example.com for more details.