- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
Rockford Cinco de Mayo Festival at Davis Park May 4-5
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Area Mexican Business Association (RAMBA) will hold its Seventh Annual Cinco de Mayo Festival from 4 to 10 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, May 4-5, at Davis Park, 320 S. Wyman St., Rockford.
The event will include two days of fun, food, Latin music, activities for the whole family, live entertainment by international, regional and local bands, fiesta for everyone, carnival rides and much more. Admission is $5 per person and children younger than 10 are admitted free.
Cinco de Mayo is a historical celebration of enormous importance for the Mexican and Latino communities. The date commemorates the victory of the Mexican Army over the French at the Battle of Puebla. The Battle of Puebla took place May 5, 1862, near the city of Puebla, Mexico, during the French intervention in Mexico. It was a major Mexican victory, and is commemorated every year.
Posted May 3, 2013