- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Rockford Cinco de Mayo Festival at Davis Park May 4-5
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Area Mexican Business Association (RAMBA) will hold its Seventh Annual Cinco de Mayo Festival from 4 to 10 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, May 4-5, at Davis Park, 320 S. Wyman St., Rockford.
The event will include two days of fun, food, Latin music, activities for the whole family, live entertainment by international, regional and local bands, fiesta for everyone, carnival rides and much more. Admission is $5 per person and children younger than 10 are admitted free.
Cinco de Mayo is a historical celebration of enormous importance for the Mexican and Latino communities. The date commemorates the victory of the Mexican Army over the French at the Battle of Puebla. The Battle of Puebla took place May 5, 1862, near the city of Puebla, Mexico, during the French intervention in Mexico. It was a major Mexican victory, and is commemorated every year.
Posted May 3, 2013