- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Rockford Cinco de Mayo Festival at Davis Park May 4-5
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Area Mexican Business Association (RAMBA) will hold its Seventh Annual Cinco de Mayo Festival from 4 to 10 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, May 4-5, at Davis Park, 320 S. Wyman St., Rockford.
The event will include two days of fun, food, Latin music, activities for the whole family, live entertainment by international, regional and local bands, fiesta for everyone, carnival rides and much more. Admission is $5 per person and children younger than 10 are admitted free.
Cinco de Mayo is a historical celebration of enormous importance for the Mexican and Latino communities. The date commemorates the victory of the Mexican Army over the French at the Battle of Puebla. The Battle of Puebla took place May 5, 1862, near the city of Puebla, Mexico, during the French intervention in Mexico. It was a major Mexican victory, and is commemorated every year.
Posted May 3, 2013