- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Rockford Cinco de Mayo Festival at Davis Park May 4-5
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Area Mexican Business Association (RAMBA) will hold its Seventh Annual Cinco de Mayo Festival from 4 to 10 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, May 4-5, at Davis Park, 320 S. Wyman St., Rockford.
The event will include two days of fun, food, Latin music, activities for the whole family, live entertainment by international, regional and local bands, fiesta for everyone, carnival rides and much more. Admission is $5 per person and children younger than 10 are admitted free.
Cinco de Mayo is a historical celebration of enormous importance for the Mexican and Latino communities. The date commemorates the victory of the Mexican Army over the French at the Battle of Puebla. The Battle of Puebla took place May 5, 1862, near the city of Puebla, Mexico, during the French intervention in Mexico. It was a major Mexican victory, and is commemorated every year.
Posted May 3, 2013