- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Rockford Cinco de Mayo Festival at Davis Park May 4-5
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Area Mexican Business Association (RAMBA) will hold its Seventh Annual Cinco de Mayo Festival from 4 to 10 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, May 4-5, at Davis Park, 320 S. Wyman St., Rockford.
The event will include two days of fun, food, Latin music, activities for the whole family, live entertainment by international, regional and local bands, fiesta for everyone, carnival rides and much more. Admission is $5 per person and children younger than 10 are admitted free.
Cinco de Mayo is a historical celebration of enormous importance for the Mexican and Latino communities. The date commemorates the victory of the Mexican Army over the French at the Battle of Puebla. The Battle of Puebla took place May 5, 1862, near the city of Puebla, Mexico, during the French intervention in Mexico. It was a major Mexican victory, and is commemorated every year.
Posted May 3, 2013