- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Salvation Army Summer Garden Ministry Kick-off May 7 at Anderson Gardens
Online Staff Report
The Salvation Army Summer Garden Ministry Kick-off is set for 7 a.m., Tuesday, May 7, at Rockford’s Anderson Japanese Gardens, 318 Spring Creek Road. Featured speaker is Major Randy Hellstrom, Winnebago County coordinator for The Salvation Army, with Jodi Beach of Jodi Lynn Beach Ministries as guest musician.
The program will run every Tuesday morning through Sept. 24, featuring a different speaker each week.
“Spending time in prayer and singing surrounded by such a beautiful, serene place as Anderson Gardens is the best start to any day,” Hellstrom said.
The public is invited to this free admission event and to stay afterward for a cup of coffee and tour of Anderson Gardens.
For more than 14 years, Anderson Japanese Gardens has partnered with The Salvation Army to present a summer garden ministry with guest speakers and musicians at the gardens. People from more than 33 area churches participate in the 7 a.m. weekly services held every year from May through September. They gather in a tent erected in the garden by long-time Army friends, John and Linda Anderson, to enjoy singing, prayer, special music and a devotional message. Sonja Beach, a Salvation Army volunteer, coordinates the guest speakers, singers and volunteers in hosting this community event.
Posted May 6, 2013