- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Follow the reasoning …
I can’t understand why people would be angry with me. I told them, if I had a dog and it got pregnant, I’d take it to the vet and have the pups aborted. If any of them lived, I’d tell the vet to kill those pups as well. People said why not let my dog give birth, then give the pups away? That would be inconvenient for me. I’d have to put up with my dog through its gestation period, taking special care of it and all. Then, when the pups were born, I’d have to find people to adopt them. Too much trouble. Hey, why are they angry with me? Isn’t that what Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers advocate for women?
Philip J. Meyers
From the May 8-14, 2013, issue