- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Free Dental Day, blood drive May 10 at DeKalb Dental Group
Online Staff Report
DEKALB, Ill. — People 17 and older in the DeKalb, Ill., community will have the opportunity to receive either one free cleaning, extraction or filling at DeKalb Dental Group Friday, May 10. In addition, Heartland Blood Centers will be hosting a blood drive in the DeKalb Dental Group parking lot during the event.
Dr. Truyen Nguyen, Dr. Binh Dinh and their team will be improving the oral health of needy citizens as part of Free Dentistry Day, a program initiated in 2001 to provide dental care to the growing number of Americans without dental insurance.
“Now, more than ever, there are people in DeKalb who need dental services but have no means to afford them — whether they’re out of a job, or just don’t have dental insurance,” said Dr. Nguyen. “This event is a great opportunity for us to share our time and resources with those less fortunate and give back to the community we serve.”
Dr. Dinh added: “Our team is committed to lifetime dental care because good oral health is integral to overall health. By participating in this program, our goal is to engage patients and encourage them to adopt an ongoing oral care program and a lifelong regimen of preventative care.”
Either one free cleaning, extraction or filling will be given Friday, May 10, between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. to the first 100 people ages 17 and older at DeKalb Dental Group, 2707 Sycamore Road, DeKalb, Ill. Call (815) 756-4430 or visit www.freedentistryday.org. Patients will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.
Additionally May 10, Heartland Blood Centers is holding a blood drive in the DeKalb Dental Care parking lot. The blood drive will be from 8 a.m. to noon on the Heartland Blood Centers’ Mobile Coach. Appointments can be made online at www.heartlandbc.org or by calling Jamie Lauer at (815) 758-7268.
Posted May 8, 2013