- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Ladies Day Out May 11 in Lena, Ill.
Online Staff Report
LENA, Ill. — Ladies Day Out will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, May 11, at Lena Community Center, 497 Lions Drive, Lena, Ill. The event features shopping, socializing and getting a sneak peak at all the new summer fashions, trends and ideas from 50 vendors.
Vendors offer perfect and unique gifts for Mother’s Day, graduations, weddings and much more.
Admission is free, and a grand prize of $100 will be offered as a door prize. The Lena Historical Society’s plant sale is also next door.
A spring fund-raiser for the Lena Area Church Cooperative (LACC) will also be held, with items donated by local businesses. The LACC is a nonprofit organization devoted to serving the Lena area by maintaining the Lena Food Pantry and by helping the community when in need.
Both men and women are welcome to attend. A lunch stand and handicap accessibility are available.
For more details, call Chelsea White at (815) 275-3997 or Kristina Weaver at (815) 541-2355.
Posted May 8, 2013