- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Ladies Day Out May 11 in Lena, Ill.
Online Staff Report
LENA, Ill. — Ladies Day Out will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, May 11, at Lena Community Center, 497 Lions Drive, Lena, Ill. The event features shopping, socializing and getting a sneak peak at all the new summer fashions, trends and ideas from 50 vendors.
Vendors offer perfect and unique gifts for Mother’s Day, graduations, weddings and much more.
Admission is free, and a grand prize of $100 will be offered as a door prize. The Lena Historical Society’s plant sale is also next door.
A spring fund-raiser for the Lena Area Church Cooperative (LACC) will also be held, with items donated by local businesses. The LACC is a nonprofit organization devoted to serving the Lena area by maintaining the Lena Food Pantry and by helping the community when in need.
Both men and women are welcome to attend. A lunch stand and handicap accessibility are available.
For more details, call Chelsea White at (815) 275-3997 or Kristina Weaver at (815) 541-2355.
Posted May 8, 2013