- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Ladies Day Out May 11 in Lena, Ill.
Online Staff Report
LENA, Ill. — Ladies Day Out will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, May 11, at Lena Community Center, 497 Lions Drive, Lena, Ill. The event features shopping, socializing and getting a sneak peak at all the new summer fashions, trends and ideas from 50 vendors.
Vendors offer perfect and unique gifts for Mother’s Day, graduations, weddings and much more.
Admission is free, and a grand prize of $100 will be offered as a door prize. The Lena Historical Society’s plant sale is also next door.
A spring fund-raiser for the Lena Area Church Cooperative (LACC) will also be held, with items donated by local businesses. The LACC is a nonprofit organization devoted to serving the Lena area by maintaining the Lena Food Pantry and by helping the community when in need.
Both men and women are welcome to attend. A lunch stand and handicap accessibility are available.
For more details, call Chelsea White at (815) 275-3997 or Kristina Weaver at (815) 541-2355.
Posted May 8, 2013