- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Ladies Day Out May 11 in Lena, Ill.
Online Staff Report
LENA, Ill. — Ladies Day Out will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, May 11, at Lena Community Center, 497 Lions Drive, Lena, Ill. The event features shopping, socializing and getting a sneak peak at all the new summer fashions, trends and ideas from 50 vendors.
Vendors offer perfect and unique gifts for Mother’s Day, graduations, weddings and much more.
Admission is free, and a grand prize of $100 will be offered as a door prize. The Lena Historical Society’s plant sale is also next door.
A spring fund-raiser for the Lena Area Church Cooperative (LACC) will also be held, with items donated by local businesses. The LACC is a nonprofit organization devoted to serving the Lena area by maintaining the Lena Food Pantry and by helping the community when in need.
Both men and women are welcome to attend. A lunch stand and handicap accessibility are available.
For more details, call Chelsea White at (815) 275-3997 or Kristina Weaver at (815) 541-2355.
Posted May 8, 2013