- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
Public Gardens Day, Spring Plant Sale on tap at Klehm May 10-12
• Arboretum also in need of Klehm Express drivers
Online Staff Report
Rockford’s Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden, 2715 S. Main St., will celebrate National Public Gardens Day Friday, May 10, with free admission from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
National Public Gardens Day takes place annually on Mother’s Day weekend. Visit Klehm any time that weekend to discover and explore the garden while learning about its commitment to education, research and environmental stewardship.
The arboretum will also offer its Spring Plant Sale from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, May 11, and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Sunday, May 12. Admission is free both days.
Plan to spend time this Mother’s Day weekend shopping for this year’s plants. The Plant Sale expands to include the arboretum’s outdoors location, too. Choose from thousands of colorful plants, including unique varieties from local nurseries. Afterward, stroll Klehm’s grounds and see what’s blooming. The garden will be open during normal hours.
Klehm is in need of people to drive the Klehm Express to provide tours to visitors. The tours are guided by a prerecorded presentation as the Express drives through the the paved areas. Drivers should be comfortable driving a 12-person shuttle.
Call (815) 965-8146 or visit klehm.org.
Posted May 8, 2013