- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
Public Gardens Day, Spring Plant Sale on tap at Klehm May 10-12
• Arboretum also in need of Klehm Express drivers
Online Staff Report
Rockford’s Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden, 2715 S. Main St., will celebrate National Public Gardens Day Friday, May 10, with free admission from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
National Public Gardens Day takes place annually on Mother’s Day weekend. Visit Klehm any time that weekend to discover and explore the garden while learning about its commitment to education, research and environmental stewardship.
The arboretum will also offer its Spring Plant Sale from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, May 11, and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Sunday, May 12. Admission is free both days.
Plan to spend time this Mother’s Day weekend shopping for this year’s plants. The Plant Sale expands to include the arboretum’s outdoors location, too. Choose from thousands of colorful plants, including unique varieties from local nurseries. Afterward, stroll Klehm’s grounds and see what’s blooming. The garden will be open during normal hours.
Klehm is in need of people to drive the Klehm Express to provide tours to visitors. The tours are guided by a prerecorded presentation as the Express drives through the the paved areas. Drivers should be comfortable driving a 12-person shuttle.
Call (815) 965-8146 or visit klehm.org.
Posted May 8, 2013