- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
Public Gardens Day, Spring Plant Sale on tap at Klehm May 10-12
• Arboretum also in need of Klehm Express drivers
Online Staff Report
Rockford’s Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden, 2715 S. Main St., will celebrate National Public Gardens Day Friday, May 10, with free admission from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
National Public Gardens Day takes place annually on Mother’s Day weekend. Visit Klehm any time that weekend to discover and explore the garden while learning about its commitment to education, research and environmental stewardship.
The arboretum will also offer its Spring Plant Sale from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, May 11, and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Sunday, May 12. Admission is free both days.
Plan to spend time this Mother’s Day weekend shopping for this year’s plants. The Plant Sale expands to include the arboretum’s outdoors location, too. Choose from thousands of colorful plants, including unique varieties from local nurseries. Afterward, stroll Klehm’s grounds and see what’s blooming. The garden will be open during normal hours.
Klehm is in need of people to drive the Klehm Express to provide tours to visitors. The tours are guided by a prerecorded presentation as the Express drives through the the paved areas. Drivers should be comfortable driving a 12-person shuttle.
Call (815) 965-8146 or visit klehm.org.
Posted May 8, 2013