- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
School board candidate thanks supporters
My thanks to the voters of Rockford Public School District 205 Sub-District F for entrusting me to represent them for the next four years on the 205 school board. In particular, I thank my wonderful wife, Carla, and the rest of our family and friends for their love and support. In addition, my special thanks to everyone who worked on or donated to my campaign, put up yard signs and generally supported me.
Now, the hard part: meeting the challenges of an almost 29,000-student school district with about a $393 million budget. I ask that those who supported me — as well as those who did not — stay involved in the important work of contributing to the education of our children and not hesitate to contact me. Together, we will build on the good momentum in RPS 205 and make our community an even better place to live and work.
From the May 8-14, 2013, issue