- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
Tastefully Simple founder to speak at May 9 MELD fund-raiser
• Tickets to event are $50
Online Staff Report
Jill Blashack Strahan, founder and CEO of Tastefully Simple, will speak about the topic of “Dream It, Believe It, Work It: Setting Goals to Get What You Want” at Rockford MELD’s “Let It Shine” fund-raising event Thursday, May 9.
As part of her presentation, audiences discover how to let go of fears and set personal and professional goals to go further than ever before. Event attendees will have the opportunity to purchase Blashack Strahan’s book, Simply Shine: Stories That Stirred the Fire, and meet the author as she signs the books at the end of the evening. All proceeds from the event will benefit the vital programs and services of MELD for many young moms, dads and their children in the community.
“Let It Shine” will be at Giovanni’s Restaurant, 610 N. Bell School Road, Rockford. Social hour begins at 5:30 p.m., and dinner and presentation at 6:30 p.m. Cost is $50. A raffle drawing for a chance to win some great prizes including a diamond pendant from Mincemoyer Jewelers, $1,000 cash from Al’s Carpet Flooring and Design Center, Jersey Mike’s Subs, Stanley Steemer Carpet Cleaning, a Great Wolf Lodge Package at Wisconsin Dells and a Tastefully Simple Variety Food Basket.
Posted May 8, 2013