- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Tastefully Simple founder to speak at May 9 MELD fund-raiser
• Tickets to event are $50
Online Staff Report
Jill Blashack Strahan, founder and CEO of Tastefully Simple, will speak about the topic of “Dream It, Believe It, Work It: Setting Goals to Get What You Want” at Rockford MELD’s “Let It Shine” fund-raising event Thursday, May 9.
As part of her presentation, audiences discover how to let go of fears and set personal and professional goals to go further than ever before. Event attendees will have the opportunity to purchase Blashack Strahan’s book, Simply Shine: Stories That Stirred the Fire, and meet the author as she signs the books at the end of the evening. All proceeds from the event will benefit the vital programs and services of MELD for many young moms, dads and their children in the community.
“Let It Shine” will be at Giovanni’s Restaurant, 610 N. Bell School Road, Rockford. Social hour begins at 5:30 p.m., and dinner and presentation at 6:30 p.m. Cost is $50. A raffle drawing for a chance to win some great prizes including a diamond pendant from Mincemoyer Jewelers, $1,000 cash from Al’s Carpet Flooring and Design Center, Jersey Mike’s Subs, Stanley Steemer Carpet Cleaning, a Great Wolf Lodge Package at Wisconsin Dells and a Tastefully Simple Variety Food Basket.
Posted May 8, 2013