- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
U of I Extension offers emerald ash borer workshops
Online Staff Report
University of Illinois Extension will be conducting emerald ash borer (EAB) homeowner workshops throughout northern Illinois. Extension educators will be presenting options available to homeowners to manage the threat of EAB.
Common questions will be addressed, including tree removal, disposal requirements, replacement tree recommendations, and professional and homeowner treatment options. Learn how to identify signs of EAB infestation and what to do about it. Learn how to protect your healthy trees and make an informed decision about tree management.
Catch an upcoming homeowner workshop on one of the following dates:
• May 14, 6-7:30 p.m. — North Suburban Library, 6340 N. Second St., Loves Park, Ill.;
• May 20, 6-7 p.m. — Highland Community College West Campus, 300 N. West St., Elizabeth, Ill.;
• June 6, 6-7:30 p.m. — Highland Community College, Building H, Room 210, Freeport, Ill.
The fee for the EAB program is $5. For more information or to register, visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw, or call the U of I Extension office at 815-986-4357.
Posted May 8, 2013