- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
U of I Extension offers emerald ash borer workshops
Online Staff Report
University of Illinois Extension will be conducting emerald ash borer (EAB) homeowner workshops throughout northern Illinois. Extension educators will be presenting options available to homeowners to manage the threat of EAB.
Common questions will be addressed, including tree removal, disposal requirements, replacement tree recommendations, and professional and homeowner treatment options. Learn how to identify signs of EAB infestation and what to do about it. Learn how to protect your healthy trees and make an informed decision about tree management.
Catch an upcoming homeowner workshop on one of the following dates:
• May 14, 6-7:30 p.m. — North Suburban Library, 6340 N. Second St., Loves Park, Ill.;
• May 20, 6-7 p.m. — Highland Community College West Campus, 300 N. West St., Elizabeth, Ill.;
• June 6, 6-7:30 p.m. — Highland Community College, Building H, Room 210, Freeport, Ill.
The fee for the EAB program is $5. For more information or to register, visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw, or call the U of I Extension office at 815-986-4357.
Posted May 8, 2013