- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
U of I Extension offers emerald ash borer workshops
Online Staff Report
University of Illinois Extension will be conducting emerald ash borer (EAB) homeowner workshops throughout northern Illinois. Extension educators will be presenting options available to homeowners to manage the threat of EAB.
Common questions will be addressed, including tree removal, disposal requirements, replacement tree recommendations, and professional and homeowner treatment options. Learn how to identify signs of EAB infestation and what to do about it. Learn how to protect your healthy trees and make an informed decision about tree management.
Catch an upcoming homeowner workshop on one of the following dates:
• May 14, 6-7:30 p.m. — North Suburban Library, 6340 N. Second St., Loves Park, Ill.;
• May 20, 6-7 p.m. — Highland Community College West Campus, 300 N. West St., Elizabeth, Ill.;
• June 6, 6-7:30 p.m. — Highland Community College, Building H, Room 210, Freeport, Ill.
The fee for the EAB program is $5. For more information or to register, visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw, or call the U of I Extension office at 815-986-4357.
Posted May 8, 2013