- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
U of I Extension offers emerald ash borer workshops
Online Staff Report
University of Illinois Extension will be conducting emerald ash borer (EAB) homeowner workshops throughout northern Illinois. Extension educators will be presenting options available to homeowners to manage the threat of EAB.
Common questions will be addressed, including tree removal, disposal requirements, replacement tree recommendations, and professional and homeowner treatment options. Learn how to identify signs of EAB infestation and what to do about it. Learn how to protect your healthy trees and make an informed decision about tree management.
Catch an upcoming homeowner workshop on one of the following dates:
• May 14, 6-7:30 p.m. — North Suburban Library, 6340 N. Second St., Loves Park, Ill.;
• May 20, 6-7 p.m. — Highland Community College West Campus, 300 N. West St., Elizabeth, Ill.;
• June 6, 6-7:30 p.m. — Highland Community College, Building H, Room 210, Freeport, Ill.
The fee for the EAB program is $5. For more information or to register, visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw, or call the U of I Extension office at 815-986-4357.
Posted May 8, 2013