- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
10th Red Shoe Run a success
The 10th Annual Red Shoe Run for Donor Awareness was a tremendous success. We’d like to extend a heartfelt thank-you to the community for supporting the annual event through participation, fund-raising, sponsorship and volunteerism. The day allows us to recognize the lifesaving, life-restoring benefits of blood, organ, tissue, eye and marrow donation, and gratefully acknowledge the humanitarianism displayed by donors of these gifts. Monies raised help add potential heroes to the Rock River Valley Blood Center’s Marrow Program and overall donor awareness. More than $40,000 was raised for tissue typing.
Six hundred fifty runners and almost 300 walkers faced the brisk morning. Top female runner was Olivia Aranda of Rockford; top male runner was Jeremy Stevens of Rockford.
Special thanks to our Presenting Sponsor, Rockford Health Systems, and additional sponsors, including: Sam’s Club, McDonald’s, OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, Rockford Nephrology, AndersonBrecon, Biological Resource Center of IL, DaVita, Don Carter Lanes, KishHealth System and IBEW-NECA.
A gesture of gratitude goes to the founding members of this event: Janice Eschen, Dr. Charles and Bobbi Smith and Julie Tilbury, whose foresight and determination have helped this event to become what it is.
Save the date: Saturday, April 12, 2014.
The Red Shoe Run for Donor Awareness Committee
From the May 15-21, 2013, issue