- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
Camp Winnebago ranked No. 1 most impactful camp
Camp Winnebago was just announced as the nation’s No. 1 Most Impactful Medium-Sized Day Camp through a SEER Analytics survey study.
SEER compiled more than 12,000 survey responses from parents whose child has attended a YMCA camp in the U.S. Parents gave Camp Winnebago higher-than-average marks in Quality of Camp Staff, Communication Between Staff and Parents, Helping Families Lead a Healthier Lifestyle, A Safe, Fun Experience for the Camper, Have Better Results in School, Gain New Skills and Knowledge, Builds Confidence, which put Camp Winnebago more than a third above the national average.
Brad Cripe, branch director for Camp Winnebago YMCA, said: “Our recent rating is a tribute to the hard work and dedication the camp staff and volunteers have to making a difference in our campers’ lives. We have a very supportive group of parents and YMCA association that believes in youth development and how it makes a positive influence in our community.”
Parents also stated that the YMCA of Rock River Valley/Camp Winnebago is an important community resource for nurturing the potential of every child and that the Y in their area helps strengthen the community.
Contact the YMCA of Rock River Valley, 200 Y Blvd., Rockford, at (815) 987-2252.
Posted May 15, 2013