- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Camp Winnebago ranked No. 1 most impactful camp
Camp Winnebago was just announced as the nation’s No. 1 Most Impactful Medium-Sized Day Camp through a SEER Analytics survey study.
SEER compiled more than 12,000 survey responses from parents whose child has attended a YMCA camp in the U.S. Parents gave Camp Winnebago higher-than-average marks in Quality of Camp Staff, Communication Between Staff and Parents, Helping Families Lead a Healthier Lifestyle, A Safe, Fun Experience for the Camper, Have Better Results in School, Gain New Skills and Knowledge, Builds Confidence, which put Camp Winnebago more than a third above the national average.
Brad Cripe, branch director for Camp Winnebago YMCA, said: “Our recent rating is a tribute to the hard work and dedication the camp staff and volunteers have to making a difference in our campers’ lives. We have a very supportive group of parents and YMCA association that believes in youth development and how it makes a positive influence in our community.”
Parents also stated that the YMCA of Rock River Valley/Camp Winnebago is an important community resource for nurturing the potential of every child and that the Y in their area helps strengthen the community.
Contact the YMCA of Rock River Valley, 200 Y Blvd., Rockford, at (815) 987-2252.
Posted May 15, 2013