- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
City to sponsor Energy Conservation Workshops
The City of Rockford Human Services Department is offering Energy Conservation Workshops throughout the year, many held in conjunction with neighborhood group meetings.
The workshops are free and open to the public at all locations, and are designed to educate and encourage energy conservation and efficiency.
For more information, call (815) 967-4030.
May 16, 6:30 p.m. — Servicing your Furnace and Air Conditioner, presented by Total Plumbing & Heating. Keith Creek Neighborhood Group, Redeemer Lutheran Church, 1800 16th St.
June 13, 7 p.m. — Servicing your Furnace and Air Conditioner, presented by Total Plumbing & Heating. Signal Hill Neighborhood Group, St. Peters Cathedral, 1243 N. Church St.
July 2, 7 p.m. — Energy Efficient Products & Programs, presented by Tri-B Hardware. Palmwood Neighborhood Group, Allen Chapel, 3000 Rural St.
Aug. 9, 2 p.m. — LIHEAP/PIPP Utility Bill Assistance Program, presented by City of Rockford Human Services staff. Keen Age Center, 2414 Henry Luckow Lane, Belvidere, Ill.
Sept. 26, 6 p.m. — Managing your Energy Costs, presented by City of Rockford Human Services staff. City Plaza, 555 N. Court St., Room 115.
Oct. 8, 7 p.m. — Programmable Thermostat Install and Use, presented by Tri-B Hardware. Alpine Ridge Neighborhood Group, First Covenant Church, 400 Wood Road.
Nov. 5, 2 p.m. — Weatherizing your Home for Energy Savings, presented by City of Rockford Human Services Staff. Keen Age Center, 2414 Henry Luckow Lane, Belvidere, Ill.
Dec. 6, 4-5 p.m. — Holiday Lighting Tips and Safety, presented by the Rockford Fire Department. North Suburban Library, 6340 N. Second St., Loves Park, Ill.
Energy Conservation Workshops are funded through City of Rockford Human Services, Community Services Block Grant funds.
Posted May 15, 2013