- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Personal note from Dr. Julia to the readers
April 30, 2013, at 5 p.m., my husband, John Michniewicz, passed away. I find this date so wonderful, for my mother, Vada Jean White, passed away May 1, 1987. John and Mom have finally met. John was my husband, my business partner, my friend and my son’s father figure. He was a wonderful, loving, caring man.
I will miss you so much, Janek, but you will be missed by so many people.
Dr. Julia Whipkey-Michniewicz
From the May 15-21, 2013, issue