- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Personal note from Dr. Julia to the readers
April 30, 2013, at 5 p.m., my husband, John Michniewicz, passed away. I find this date so wonderful, for my mother, Vada Jean White, passed away May 1, 1987. John and Mom have finally met. John was my husband, my business partner, my friend and my son’s father figure. He was a wonderful, loving, caring man.
I will miss you so much, Janek, but you will be missed by so many people.
Dr. Julia Whipkey-Michniewicz
From the May 15-21, 2013, issue