- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Personal note from Dr. Julia to the readers
April 30, 2013, at 5 p.m., my husband, John Michniewicz, passed away. I find this date so wonderful, for my mother, Vada Jean White, passed away May 1, 1987. John and Mom have finally met. John was my husband, my business partner, my friend and my son’s father figure. He was a wonderful, loving, caring man.
I will miss you so much, Janek, but you will be missed by so many people.
Dr. Julia Whipkey-Michniewicz
From the May 15-21, 2013, issue